5 Buying and Selling Property
This leaflet explains your legal rights and tells you how to deal with many of the common problems you may have with buying or selling a house or flat.
To download a PDF version of this leaflet click on the PDF icon above. PDF files require you to have a copy of Acrobat® Reader in order to be able to read them. This piece of software is freely available from the download pages on Adobe's web site.
There is information on:
2. Dealing with estate agents
3. Offers, exchange of contracts and completion
4. What the price should include
5. Problems with solicitors and conveyancers
6. Problems with the survey
7. Buying a newly-built home
8. Leasehold and freehold properties
9. Mortgage and money problems
10. Neighbour disputes and anti-social behaviour
11. Further Help
12. About this leaflet
This leaflet was written by the Legal Services Commission (LSC) in association with Shelter.
Leaflet Version: October 2017