CLS Direct - Home Page

Site Map | Feedback | કી શૉર્ટકટ્સ | મદદ   

6 Losing your Home

pdf icon

Download Losing your Home (PDF File, 65kb)

1. Introduction

2. Will the council find me somewhere to live?

3. Does it matter how I become homeless?

4. What if the council offers me somewhere unsuitable?

5. What can I do if I disagree with the council's decision?

If you disagree with a council decision (for example, on whether you are intentionally homeless), you can ask the council to review its decision as long as you ask within 21 days of getting this decision in writing. You will need expert advice from a housing aid centre, Citizens Advice Bureau or solicitor to do this. If you disagree with the review decision, you have the right to appeal to the county court within 21 days of receiving the review decision.

6. Where can I go if I need somewhere to stay urgently?

7. What if my landlord wants to evict me?

8. What can I do if my landlord is harassing me?

9. Further help

10 About this leaflet

Logo of ShelterThis leaflet is published by the Legal Services Commission (LSC). It was written in association with Shelter.

Leaflet version: June 2019

go to top of page

CLS Legal Info Leaflets

Find a local Advisor

Enter your postcode or town to find a local advisor.

CLS Legal Information Leaflets Legal Factsheets CLS Fund & Charges Legal Aid Calculator Other Links Using Advice Search Topics Using the Directory Nationals & Helplines Categories of Law Charges Complaints News Quality Mark Information for Providers