17 Personal Injury
If you are injured because someone was negligent (they did something they shouldn't, or didn't do something they should have done), you may be able to get compensation. This leaflet explains your legal rights, and how you should go about getting compensation if you've been injured in this way.
To download a PDF version of this leaflet click on the PDF icon above. PDF files require you to have a copy of Acrobat® Reader in order to be able to read them. This piece of software is freely available from the download pages on Adobe's web site.
There is information on:
2. What is a personal injury?
3. What action can I take?
4. How do I choose a solicitor?
5. What are claims assessors and claims management companies?
6. What if I was injured in a road accident?
7. What if I was injured by a faulty product or service?
8. What if I was injured in an accident abroad?
9. What if I can't afford a solicitor?
10. What can I claim compensation for?
11. What if I am claiming fro someone who has died?
12. What if I am claiming for a child?
13. What if I am one of a group of people injured in the same way?
14. What if I'm a victim of crime?
15. Further Help
16. About this leaflet
This leaflet was written in association with Roger Bolt of Bolt Burdon Kemp
Leaflet Version: October 2019