CLS Direct - Home Page

Site Map | Feedback | Key Shortcuts | Help   

17 Personal Injury

pdf icon

Download Personal Injury (PDF File, 273kb)

1. Introduction

2. What is a personal injury?

3. What action can I take?

4. How do I choose a solicitor?

If you want to consult a solicitor to claim compensation, you should get advice from one who sepcialises in personal injury cases. You can find specialist solicitors through:

  • the Comminity Legal Service;
  • the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL);
  • the Law Society;
  • a Citizens Advice Bureau or law centre;
  • your trade union, if you have one.

See 'further help' for how to contact these organisations.

If you have legal expenses insurance, your insurers may want to appoint a solicitor to handle your case. If you want to use another solicitor, ask them to speak to the insurance company.


5. What are claims assessors and claims management companies?

6. What if I was injured in a road accident?

7. What if I was injured by a faulty product or service?

8. What if I was injured in an accident abroad?

9. What if I can't afford a solicitor?

10. What can I claim compensation for?

11. What if I am claiming fro someone who has died?

12. What if I am claiming for a child?

13. What if I am one of a group of people injured in the same way?

14. What if I'm a victim of crime?

15. Further Help

16. About this leaflet

This leaflet was written in association with Roger Bolt of Bolt Burdon Kemp

Leaflet Version: October 2019

go to top of page
Last updated on 24 June 2019

CLS Legal Info Leaflets

Find a local Advisor

Enter your postcode or town to find a local advisor.

CLS Legal Information Leaflets Legal Factsheets CLS Fund & Charges Legal Aid Calculator Other Links Using Advice Search Topics Using the Directory Nationals & Helplines Categories of Law Charges Complaints News Quality Mark Information for Providers