CLS Direct - Home Page

Site Map | Feedback | કી શૉર્ટકટ્સ | મદદ   

25 Veterans

pdf icon

Download Veterans (PDF File, 275kb)

1 Introduction

2. What financial help can I get?

3. Who can receive a war disablement pension?

4. Who can receive a service pension?

5. Who can claim through the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme?

6. What if I need help finding somewhere to live?

7. What help can I get to find work when I leave the forces?

You can get help with resettlement and finding work after you leave the forces through the Career Transition Partnership (CTP). You can get help from the CTP for up to two years before and two years after you leave the Services. The help you can receive depends on how long you have served, but can include:

  • a career transition workshop to identify the skills and experience you have that you can use outside the Services;
  • access to a personal career consultant;
  • developing a personal resettlement plan;
  • workshops and seminars on topics such as CV writing, interview skills and starting a new business;
  • training to update existing skills or to learn new ones relevant to a job you are seeking;
  • advice on buying a house and relocating your children to new schools;
  • a personalised and local job-finding service.

Elements of the CTP resettlement service are provided by the charities the Regular Forces Employment Association (RFEA) and the Officers’ Association (OA). The RFEA and OA also help ex-servicemen and women find jobs beyond the two years after they leave the armed forces. See ‘Further help’ for how to contact CTP, RFEA and OA.

8. How can I claim my medals from my time in service?

9. How can I get hold of my service record?

10. Passports for veterans

11. Further Help

12. About this leaflet

This leaflet is published by the Legal Services Commission (LSC) and the Ministry of Defence. It was written in association with Citizens Advice.

Logo of Citizens Advice Bureau

The leaflets are regularly updated but the law may have changed since they were printed so the information in them may be incorrect or out of date.


go to top of page

CLS Legal Info Leaflets

Find a local Advisor

Enter your postcode or town to find a local advisor.

CLS Legal Information Leaflets Legal Factsheets CLS Fund & Charges Legal Aid Calculator Other Links Using Advice Search Topics Using the Directory Nationals & Helplines Categories of Law Charges Complaints News Quality Mark Information for Providers