CLS Direct - Home Page

Site Map | Feedback | Key Shortcuts | Help   

30 Neighbourhood and Community Disputes

pdf icon

Download Neighbourhood and Community Disputes (PDF File)

1 Introduction

2. What can I do if I have a problem with my neighbours?

3. Dealing with matters yourself

4. What is mediation?

5. What if mediation doesn't work?

6. What is a 'statutory nuisance'?

7. What if the council won't help?

8. Taking a case to court yourself

9. What can be done about anti-social behaviour?

10. Acceptable behaviour contracts

11. Anti-social behaviour orders

12. Further help

Citizens Advice
Your local Citizens Advice Bureau is listed in the phone book, or you can search for a local CAB on:

The website of Citizens Advice

 The website of Citizens Advice

Mediation Wales (Community Mediation)
phone: 029 20 229955

The website of Mediation Wales

 The website of Mediation Wales

Mediation UK (Community Mediation)
phone: 0117 914 6661

The website of Mediation UK

 The website of Mediation UK

For more information about alternative dispute resolution processes and links to ADR services

The website of ADRnow

 The website of the ADRnow

Information on rights and legal issues including neighbour disputes

The website of Advicenow

 The website of the Advicenow

Local Government Ombudsman (England)
phone: 0845 602 1983

The website of The Local Government Ombudsman (England)

 The website of the The Local Government Ombudsman (England)

Local Government Ombudsman (Wales)
phone: 01656 641 150

The website of The Local Government Ombudsman (Wales)

 The website of the The Local Government Ombudsman (Wales)

For information and advice on mental health issues
phone: 0845 766 0163

The website of Mind

 The website of the Mind

Commission for Racial Equality
phone: 020 7939 0000

The website of The Commission for Racial Equality

 The website of The Commission for Racial Equality

The Community Legal Service

The Community Legal Service has been set up to help you find the right legal information and advice to solve your problems.

You can get help through a national network of organisations including Citizens Advice Bureaux, Law Centres, many independent advice centres and thousands of high street solicitors. All of these services meet quality standards set by the Legal Services Commission, look for the Community Legal Service logo:

CLS Logo

Many of the organisations offer some or all of the their services for free. If you cannot afford to pay for advice you may be eligible for financial support through the Community Legal Service Fund (Legal Aid). You can order leaflets about funding from the LSC Leaflet line on 0845 3000 343.

You can use the Directory on the CLS Direct website to find details of quality assured advice providers.

The Legal Services Commission (LSC)

The Community Legal Service and the Community Legal Service Fund are managed by the Legal Services Commission.  To find out more about us visit our website at or find the details for your local Legal Services Commission office in the phone book. 

More about the CLS Quality Mark

 Click here to read more about the CLS Quality Mark

Use the CLS Directory

 Click here to go to the CLS Directory

Return to the CLS Direct Home Page

 Click here to go to the CLS Direct Home Page

13. About this leaflet

The leaflets are regularly updated but the law may have changed since they were printed so the information in them may be incorrect or out of date.

go to top of page
Last updated on 15 July 2019

CLS Legal Info Leaflets

Find a local Advisor

Enter your postcode or town to find a local advisor.

CLS Legal Information Leaflets Legal Factsheets CLS Fund & Charges Legal Aid Calculator Other Links Using Advice Search Topics Using the Directory Nationals & Helplines Categories of Law Charges Complaints News Quality Mark Information for Providers