CLS Direct - Home Page

Site Map | Feedback | اختصارات المفاتيح |المساعدة   

Advice Search

Topic: Home > Family and personal > Children and young people > Local authority care

Includes information about the rights and responsibilities of local authorities that have to look after children who have been taken into their care.

AdviceNow *
Links in this section open a new browser window.
Advicenow, produced by the Advice Services Alliance, is an independent guide to the best available information on rights and legal issues.

Local authority care

Children's rights when considering local authority care, or while living in care.

5 Children and local authority care

Information on care orders including when care orders are made and on the care options for children who are subject to care orders.
Provided by Adviceguide from Citizens Advice
7 Local authority services for children in need

A definition of children in need and information on the services which local authorities must provide.
Provided by Adviceguide from Citizens Advice
6 Social services care for young people

Your rights if you are in the care of social services (if the court has made an order) or if social services provide you with accommodation.
Provided by National Youth Agency
3 Support for 16 and 17 year olds

If you are homeless and are aged 16 or 17, you might be entitled to help from social services. If you used to be in care, the rules are different but you are still entitled to help.
Provided by Shelter
2 Support for care leavers

If you have been in care in the past, social services may have an ongoing duty to help you. This page only applies to England.
Provided by Shelter

No documents in topic.

New Search

Top of Page

Find a local Advisor

Enter your postcode or town to find a local advisor.

CLS Legal Information LeafletsCLS Fund & ChargesLegal Aid CalculatorOther LinksUsing Advice SearchTopicsUsing the DirectoryNationals & HelplinesCategories of LawChargesComplaintsNewsQuality MarkInformation for Providers